Kroll Ontrack®, the leading provider of data recovery products and services, today announced its annual top ten list of data disasters from 2007. Resulting from a global Kroll Ontrack expert poll, this year?s list of data disasters is even more incredible when you consider that in every case cited, the company successfully recovered the data.
Kroll Ontrack 2007 Top Ten List of Data Disasters and Remarkable Recoveries
10. All washed up ? This year, a woman called the engineers at Kroll Ontrack complaining she had ?washed all her data away.? Her USB stick had been through a cycle in her washing machine and unsurprisingly she couldn?t retrieve any data from it.
9. Doting Dad ? Rushing home from work to feed his baby daughter, an over-enthusiastic father forgot about the USB stick in his top pocket. As he lent over the high-chair, the device fell in a dish of sticky apple puree.
8. Taking the bait ? A fisherman thought that he would take his laptop out on his rowing boat to play a few games while waiting for a bite. As he stood up, both he and the laptop went overboard, taking all his data to the bottom of the lake.
7. Panicked photographer ? A wedding photographer faced the potential wrath of a new bride when he discovered he had overwritten her photos with those from another event. Two days before the couple returned from their honeymoon, he called Kroll Ontrack for help. The bride was none the wiser.
6. Acid trip ? A scientist spilled acid on an external hard drive during an experiment. Thinking all the data had been burned, he called in the experts who were able to successfully recover the data on the drive.To Continue Reading: Click Here